Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Howdy all! Good to see familiar names back in the chat for another season…. Feels close, I may get out for a walk this week, definitely next. Does anyone have any opinions on soil temperature? I keep checking in my yard and it’s gone up about 3 degrees this week, yesterday was 56. I’d imagine in the woods it is lower since my yard is all sun.

·
Registered
258 Posts
New hunter here! I went out a lot last year for the first time but had no luck. Looking forward to this season! Built a house with a wooded area. All the right trees, and a bunch that are dead/dying. Wish me luck!
Welcome to the Group @Kerouac ! A few steps🐾 youre on the hunt & Sounds like youre a few steps🐾 ahead, of the year past.. for Success! Wish Ya Luck Fillin' them Bags!🍄

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks, @HawkeyeMerkels ! The season is so tricky in Pennsylvania! The temperature swings from day to day are wild, not to mention the difference in day vs. night temp can be 80° and 30°. Finding that perfect sweet spot is really difficult.

If I knew a spot they definitely grew, I could just frequent it every day, but I'm going in blind. Hell, I even tried buying morels last year and then walked around an area they should be able to grow in with the purchased ones in a mesh bag hoping there were still spores dropping!

Wish me luck!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Thanks, @HawkeyeMerkels ! The season is so tricky in Pennsylvania! The temperature swings from day to day are wild, not to mention the difference in day vs. night temp can be 80° and 30°. Finding that perfect sweet spot is really difficult.

If I knew a spot they definitely grew, I could just frequent it every day, but I'm going in blind. Hell, I even tried buying morels last year and then walked around an area they should be able to grow in with the purchased ones in a mesh bag hoping there were still spores dropping!

Wish me luck!
Welcome, Just remember the rights and you will find them. Right temperature, right trees, right soil, and right moisture. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts