Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I checked a couple of my regular spots and they aren't ready yet. Monday I will check my black spots again they should be popped pretty good now. Made an egg, ramp and morel omlet for breakfast this morning. The first one is always the best each year. View attachment 42425
I can smell and taste that picture!! Mouth is watering!!

·
Registered
Chicken, chanterelles, morels, oysters, and boletes.
42 Posts
Plant Terrestrial plant Twig Terrestrial animal Grass

Plant Terrestrial plant Groundcover Terrestrial animal Twig

Plant Terrestrial plant Terrestrial animal Grass Soil

Only found 6 today. Just 2 grays in my normal spot. That means I've only got 11 from there so far this year. I think that patch might be drying up. So I decided to try my luck in a new area, under tulip poplar and sycamore. And I found 4 more... These look like yellows. Yup until now I felt like the trees were plotting against me bc I've never seen a single mushroom under either, for years. Just elm and apple. I've even found mushrooms under those nasty barberry bushes. But today, I am a believer.

But that last week of random cold I think had really stunted the early mushrooms. Has anyone else noticed a drastic decrease of the early mushrooms?

·
Registered
84 Posts
View attachment 42697
View attachment 42698
View attachment 42696

Only found 6 today. Just 2 grays in my normal spot. That means I've only got 11 from there so far this year. I think that patch might be drying up. So I decided to try my luck in a new area, under tulip poplar and sycamore. And I found 4 more... These look like yellows. Yup until now I felt like the trees were plotting against me bc I've never seen a single mushroom under either, for years. Just elm and apple. I've even found mushrooms under those nasty barberry bushes. But today, I am a believer.

But that last week of random cold I think had really stunted the early mushrooms. Has anyone else noticed a drastic decrease of the early mushrooms?
What area Pa?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Nothing today but a few verpa at the hunting club in Lawrence Co. It was kind of cold today! The cold front that brought the rain and thunderstorms also brought a rather stiff, cold breeze out of the dead north! Soil temps in the high 40's, and the woods aren't real green yet. Will get back out Thursday hopefully, and next week is looking really good.

41 - 60 of 104 Posts