Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's talk about hens, and chickens, and lions mane, and any other good fall edible!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I no it's not technically fall until next week but we're having some nice weather right now found some giant puff balls and more chickens this evening!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Congrats Osroc.. Not a big fan of chickens, but I love those big puff balls.. Happy Hunting!

·
Registered
593 Posts
It's really been a slow summer for me. i have found very few mushroooms, no chants or Black Trumpets yet. I have found a few chickens, some oysters and today i found this cauliflower mushroom which I salvaged a little off of it

·
Registered
881 Posts
Was out and about today picked a nice amount of trumpets. I'm ready to move on from trumpets and start hunting Hens. Happy Hunting!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Was out and about today picked a nice amount of trumpets. I'm ready to move on from trumpets and start hunting Hens. Happy Hunting!
I hope the hens are better in my area than the chants and trumpets were, I just watched the weather for my area and they say no rain for the next 6 days. At least the morels were plentiful up here this year. I checked one of my early hen trees last week and it had a black staining polypore at it. I hope that isn't the end of the hens there, it's been a consistent tree for me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hunt Allegheny,Beaver, and Butler counties. But mainly Beaver and Allegheny. I'm hoping the hens are good this year also. Was a busy last year. 2 and 3 years ago were very good for me. That's when I was first starting to hunt seriously and learning small amounts.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I found no chants or trumpets this year with all this dry weather. My spots that i pick grocery bags full had not 1 mushroom. Hoping its better for hens.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts