Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 373 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,932 Posts
so i have a couple of Fun Topics to blend into Our conversations . just Before Our multi Popping begins...

*#1.. has anyone on here ever Thrown Corn at cars around Halloween time ??

*tell us about it..

? where you scared

? adrenalin rushing

? Any Police Action

? why did we do it

? im age 57 thinkn bout goin Corning again

i can tell of a Huge Corn throwing when i lived in Allentown PA back in 1976..i loved it out there

·
Registered
97 Posts
Friends,
Checked my most trusted early spot this evening and found nothing. Based on the undergrowth and forecast I would be surprised if the early blacks did not flush by Sunday, particularly if we get some thunderstorms Friday or Saturday. In the meantime, enjoy the early season ramps and watch for ticks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Friends,
Checked my most trusted early spot this evening and found nothing. Based on the undergrowth and forecast I would be surprised if the early blacks did not flush by Sunday, particularly if we get some thunderstorms Friday or Saturday. In the meantime, enjoy the early season ramps and watch for ticks.
Speaking of ticks, I thought I'd pass this along. www.insectshield.com will quite affordably permethrin treat your own cloths. I've used Saywer's religiously and still keep it on hand. However this year I sent pants and shirts to Insect Shield for myself and my wife. I had them back in about a week and now they are good for 70 washings; also bought IS socks. The cost for all was equivalent to one pair of treated pants from LL Bean.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ok guys, good to see all the posts and conversations on the boards this early. After the reports down south I figured I better get out and look around. Had to at least try to find a March morel. Went to my early black spot this morning and found one little tiny black here in Northumberland County. Looks like something broke the top of this one off. Didn't really look around all that much or go to any other spot. Looks like it may be a good season as long as Mother Nature holds out and provides us with warm wet weather...good luck to all and Happy hunting....

20200330_092657.jpg

1 - 20 of 373 Posts