Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

221 - 240 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm up by duncannon... I've only found a few so far.. Just wondering if you have been doing well for awhile.. Not sure when they start and stop around here.
I was going to go look one last time tomorrow and i see they are still finding them in western PA so there is still a chance. I did find 3 on Sunday and 2 on Monday but i only had about 45 minutes to look. My areas that i normally find them is now posted so i had to expand to new areas this year thanks to some help from members on here i did find over 40 so far which is not alot but they were all nice sized so i cant complain to much. Happy hunting. I am between newport and millerstown so i am not far from you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was going to go look one last time tomorrow and i see they are still finding them in western PA so there is still a chance. I did find 3 on Sunday and 2 on Monday but i only had about 45 minutes to look. My areas that i normally find them is now posted so i had to expand to new areas this year thanks to some help from members on here i did find over 40 so far which is not alot but they were all nice sized so i cant complain to much. Happy hunting. I am between newport and millerstown so i am not far from you.
I'm in watts township and my family owns about 500 acres total...not having much luck..I went up north past Thompsontown and found 46 within 3 hours...hoping I can start finding aroundherea

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm in watts township and my family owns about 500 acres total...not having much luck..I went up north past Thompsontown and found 46 within 3 hours...hoping I can start finding aroundherea
Do you have any room for me and my young sons to hunt archery lol I am kidding. I was thinking of heading to Thompson town but just didnt have time. I scouted the SGL around Thompson town in March and looked promising. I just keep searching around Elms and Ash and thats where i found the majority of mine and a few under an apple tree. I found all of mine in the newport area.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all! I'm new here, but have been mushroom hunting for a couple years. I'm the chef at Ever Grain Brewing Co in Camp Hill, PA and have a large network of foragers that have been bringing me wonderful PA foraged products for several years now. I decided to try for morels this year, even though I don't have any personal spots.

I'm wondering this: with all this rain (flooding, etc) here in Central PA, are we definitely done with morels here? I was out today and found nothing. More rain coming in following days....

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hi all! I'm new here, but have been mushroom hunting for a couple years. I'm the chef at Ever Grain Brewing Co in Camp Hill, PA and have a large network of foragers that have been bringing me wonderful PA foraged products for several years now. I decided to try for morels this year, even though I don't have any personal spots.

I'm wondering this: with all this rain (flooding, etc) here in Central PA, are we definitely done with morels here? I was out today and found nothing. More rain coming in following days....
I think my spots are done I checked the last of them today and found nothing.

·
Registered
87 Posts

Hello...I'm from central pa and was out today for about 3 hours...found plenty and still loads more to pick...

221 - 240 of 264 Posts