Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

241 - 260 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yea me too...they were soggy....this spot I could pick every day of the week and not run out until they rot...heading up the camp today for the weekend...will do some foraging there...i know there up there because i found them in previous years...good luck this weekend, they're still plenty out there

·
Registered
300 Posts
I’d rather find rotted ones than none because that at least tells you the area is still productive. My first ever PG aside from my backyard hasn’t produced any for 3 seasons now. It’s an old orchard. When do you just give up on a spot?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I’d rather find rotted ones than none because that at least tells you the area is still productive. My first ever PG aside from my backyard hasn’t produced any for 3 seasons now. It’s an old orchard. When do you just give up on a spot?
Prob after three years of being skunked, its time to move on.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
Very well said. The best time to find new spots is now. Orchards are like that Barnacle, they die out, like old elm said time to move on.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'd love to go out and hunt for more, but honestly don't know if I have the patience to cover new territory. Any hunters nearby me (Allegheny Cty/Robinson TWP) still finding any?

I'll be moving to Alabama in August. I have a Soldier who's somewhat interested in morel hunting and I may give him my spot. If he don't take, I'll be more than happy to give it to someone local.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Took the step kids out 2 times each time a great success. All 4 loved it and were like hound dogs trying to give our spot away.

Attachments

241 - 260 of 264 Posts