Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Those standing trees are birch polypore, yes. The others, I can't put my finger on right now. They don't appear to be on birch trees.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It’s some kind of hardwood deciduous. Maybe red oak I have a lot of red here and the wood that’s breaking down is real red, anyway yea not sure. Also thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Kinda dry no rain in over a week Perry and Dauphin county hopefully will get some tonight. Only places I'm finding any, not much is around mountain creeks where it's always moist I feel like a good storm will help the tiny chants pop-up to full size.

·
Registered
187 Posts
WPA has been bone-dry. We have chances of passing thunderstorms throughout the week, but I'm not holding my breath yet. 8-10 straight days in the 90s isn't helping. I may try to get out on Friday, but I don't have my hopes up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
What has your weather been like. Particularly regarding rainfall?
Except for one very heavy storm last week (.75 inches) we are just getting some scattered thunderstorms that drop a little H2O and move on. I don't know if the chantarelle spot had any rain. The brook near it is nearly dry in spots.

·
Registered
587 Posts
We have been very dry in my area too. I hope this tropical depression gives a decent amount of rain tomorrow but it looks like we are just going to catch the edge of it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yea, the rain is really lacking in my area too. Long term forecast seems dry as well. I doubt my spot will produce more than a few smallish ones at this rate.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Yea, the rain is really lacking in my area too. Long term forecast seems dry as well. I doubt my spot will produce more than a few smallish ones at this rate.
I am about 50 miles north of you. I haven't even found any chant pins yet. The corn in my area looks like pineapple stalks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I went out this morning and all the rain did nothing for the forests. Only saw Hairy Brown Cups in a number of spots and a few tiny marasmius. No chants, no nothing. No berries.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts