Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

81 - 100 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Could this be a destroying angel?
20200817_112642.jpg

Another one I found which I think could be a blusher? I left it alone because I would like to go back in a few days to observe it further. I'll have to cut it and see if it bruises.

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have never found a trumpet, and it's kind of on my list! Every pic I've ever seen of a trumpet has moss in it! This leads me to believe that they grow in low area with abundant moisture. Am I wrong? What do you look for?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Been a slow summer season for me. Haven't really been out much except on the quad. Have a project to finish up and will get serious this week. Happy Hunting!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I find chants and trumpets in the same areas, top of ridge and slopes. Moss makes them easy to stop but I find the most in leaf litter. They are very easy to miss. Hope your area gets some rain.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Folks in NW PA got buckets today. Here so far, zip-a-dee-doo-dah even though the possibility of strong storms was forecast.

Weird weather day overall. Hot as hell, but not that humid. The wind was out of the NW all day, and the breeze started to turn cool in the late PM.

81 - 100 of 137 Posts