Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Pinkies are up. At least around here, Mahoning Co. OH. Got 5" of rain Monday followed by some crisp cool nights. I decided to cruise past a city park where I've found them in the past. If they're up you can see them from the street! Horse mushrooms also grow there, but these were definitely pinkies.

Looking like another bad year for hens, though. Checked a few places where I found lots 2 years ago, Nothing last year, and nothing doing so far this year.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Pinkies are up. At least around here, Mahoning Co. OH. Got 5" of rain Monday followed by some crisp cool nights. I decided to cruise past a city park where I've found them in the past. If they're up you can see them from the street! Horse mushrooms also grow there, but these were definitely pinkies.

Looking like another bad year for hens, though. Checked a few places where I found lots 2 years ago, Nothing last year, and nothing doing so far this year.
Couple years ago was definitely a good year but you think it might be a little bit early still this year for the hens?

·
Registered
191 Posts
PC, I thought the same thing right away. Might not taste bad, but not sure they're hens.

But that many trumpets this late? Wow, good deal!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Steeler was out tonight pickin trumpets. They are everywhere local for us right now... LIKE KNEE DEEP. Happy Hunting!

121 - 137 of 137 Posts