Pics of how we prepare our mushrooms

Discussion in 'Regional Meet Ups' started by kelly654455, Jun 10, 2019.

1. kelly654455

kelly654455 Young Morel

Pics of how we prepare our mushrooms (the dinner plate page)

2. morelseeeker

morelseeeker Morel Enthusiast

What happened to the original thread of this discussion that I posted?

3. sb

sb Morel Connoisseur

Twice before, this year, the dinner plate page has been inadvertently disconnected and later reconnected, apparently in some of the processes done to thwart the spammers.

Let's hope the Dinner Plate thread is reconnected. Admin need to understand that there were 5 years of postings on the thread and thousands of appreciative viewers.

If it was actually deleted -- and there are currently many other state threads recently disappearing -- let's hope that admin has backup's that can restore the collective contributions of so many mushroom lovers who post here.

4. redfred

redfred Morel Connoisseur

The sad thing to me is if some good things were deleated to stop the spammers and it worked I could understand that but the spam keeps coming.... They’re using an axe to fix things when a scalpel is needed... I used this sight as a resource of info the old post as well as the new they all have value.... If I would meet someone interested in mushrooms I would recommend this sight ....not now....... will see...

5. sb

sb Morel Connoisseur

Admin should restore from a backup the top 10 Forum threads that comprised 90% of the 2019 postings from everyone.

In the case of the "Dinner Plate Page" it had 5 years of postings from lots of mushroom hunters. Please restore this from a backup.

1 person likes this.
  6. sb

sb Morel Connoisseur

Chanterelle, Corn, Yellow Wax Bean Chowder

I love this item and made it for company Friday after my first Chanterelle pickings from Thursday.

For this the corn was cut off the cob uncooked, the yellow wax beans were picked that day from the raised bed garden and of course -- the Chanterelles were just outta-the-woods.

DSC00463.JPG

Fresh herbs help make this delicious: 2 sprigs of Rosemary, Tyme and Sweet Marjoram. Other stuff: pino griego wine, cream, fresh garlic, pepper, salt, chicken stock for liquid. Chanterelles were cooked to the point of beginning to carmelize before the rest of the items were added.

Before serving: a squeeze of lemon and a sprig of fresh Dill.

My notes show that I've made this twice a year for 5 years. Something GOOD going on here!! I make a double batch -- so, even after company there was enough left for two more meals.

DSC00467.JPG

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  7. redfred

Could not agree more... I’m sure I own over 100 cook books, some old some new and never found any to be obsolete .. I might say that it may serve a better purposes for the “Dinner plate” to not be on a particular state forum but the info that was there should not be lost ... l wait patiently for this correction....

8. redfred

I’m sure my invitation got lost somewhere........ looks good as always...

1 person likes this.
  9. sb

sb Morel Connoisseur

I agree with you Redfred that the "Diner plate page" would serve everyone better if it were not under one particular state--Ohio. I had talked with Jack about this a few years ago but he couldn't get them (administrators) to do it.

10. sb

sb Morel Connoisseur

Chanterelle & Shrimp Linguini

Friday I got some good Chanterelles and decided to do this recipe again today.

DSC00496.JPG

It is a cream based sauce. When I made it last (2016), I cooked the shrimp in with the Chanterelle Cream Sauce and thought it overrode the Chanterelle flavor. This time I sauteed the shrimp separately and added them onto the plate after mixing the sauce with the Linguini. The Chanterelle Sauce came through this time wonderfully

DSC00506.JPG

Attached Files: