1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

pinch me I must be dreaming

Discussion in 'New York' started by fogwhisper, May 22, 2014.

1. fogwhisper

fogwhisper Morel Connoisseur

I checked a spot I looked at a couple weeks ago there were none there now it's like WOW 8-O I found 66 nice ones (some are a little past prime but i sprinkle them under my ash and apple tree) also found 9 little tulip morels at least thats what they call them in minesota.What do you guys call them. just goes to show you need to keep checking those primo looking spots. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  2. gmichael7

gmichael7 Morel Enthusiast

Wow. I'm jealous! I went back out yesterday and found almost nothing, just a couple that were dying and chewed up. Time to head back out. Is this forest or orchard?

3. theotherredmeat

theotherredmeat Morel Enthusiast

Get out there GMike, they are just about everywhere now

4. gmichael7

gmichael7 Morel Enthusiast

Going to let the rain sink in a bit, then going all day tomorrow!

5. geogymn

geogymn Morel Connoisseur

Congrats Fog!!! You paid your dues, it was just a matter of time for your reward! That is one most excellent haul!

6. lynkage

lynkage Morel Connoisseur

Beautiful Fog!Persistence pays!Hit a spot I've been in before 'cause time was short today and grabbed a quick 17 by approaching at a different angle.Those are nice!Congrats!

7. scope1

scope1 Morel Enthusiast

Great score Fog. I bet I know what you are eating tonight.Congrats

8. fogwhisper

Gmichel they were on the side of a hill below a giant dead elm in the woods.kind of a damp place with mayapple and leeks which are turning yellow already.

9. sugarman

sugarman Morel Enthusiast

Nice find,i am north of everyone and looked yesterday,finally found more than one-i got five, it's been a little dry up here,but we got hit with the storms,going to camp above Lowville,looking all weekend for that morel gold mine,i know there will be plenty of BLACKFLIES,Hoping to strike it rich,Morels that is

10. fogwhisper

Sugarman slather yourself with skin so soft it's made by Avon. Black flag hate it they still buzz around but won't bite.It will however make you smell like an old lady. :)

11. geogymn

geogymn Morel Connoisseur

Sugarman, I worked in Otter Lake yesterday, on the way home I stopped at a spot in Barneveld and found three small ones under dead Elm. They looked a little dry. I think if they get rain they are going to pop like crazy. Mehopes! Good luck and enjoy the hunt.