plastic sacks

Discussion in 'Illinois' started by gonners1979, Apr 30, 2015.

1. gonners1979

gonners1979 Morel Enthusiast

Why on earth would any one use a plastic bag other than the fact that there idiots people need to use a bag with holes so the spores can fall out and help repopulate next years season i have hunted public land for the last 15 years and every year i run into at least 2 or 3 fools with plastic bags umm hello get a clue fuck tards all you do by using plastic bags is mess it up for future generations im going to start bugging my congress officials to get some kind of regulations against the use of plastic bags i just would like my children to be able to show there children how to hunt mushrooms and if all the idiots use plastic bags that wont happen cause eventually they will stop producing in said spots

2. mikehoncho

mikehoncho Morel Enthusiast

Love your much needed vent. But why a morel hunter contact
    There congress person? Wait maybe they make us fuk tards
    Have to buy a much holyer bag that cost as much as say
    A hunting license. And maybe it will be mandatory. So blow your
    Wad but get the government out, they don't need any reason
    To add fees to our " future generations ". Tymdk™

3. gans jager

gans jager Morel Enthusiast

Anyone caught with morels in a plastic grocery bag should pay a fine. You can't find an onion or potato sack? Please.

There should indeed be a license AND regulations. Ten bucks ain't gonna hurt anyone and an education will help us all.
    They do it for every other natural resource to protect it from fools who do not understand what they are doing. Why not?

Yes, I said fools. Only a fool would believe that removing all of the spores from the woods would not render it shroomless.
    Probably the same fools who won't vaccinate their kids and think that Climate Change is a "cruel liberal hoax". Fools...

4. stcroix rob

stcroix rob Morel Connoisseur

Jeez, you people sound angry? Relax, it's morel season, just enjoy the great out doors, cause there's plenty morels for everyone.

5. jupton110@live_com

jupton110@live_com Morel Enthusiast

I am guilty of using plastic, but only when I dont have my burlap or mesh sacks with me. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

I found a haul so big one time I used 5 gallon buckets.

I agree though, you definitely need to spread the spores. <strong>On the rare occasion I have a plastic bag, I still pop small holes in the bag so I can sprinkle spores around my honey holes. </strong>

Good rant, I honestly think people were unaware it was even an issue. Thanks for educating them.

6. jbiff79

jbiff79 Morel Enthusiast

@ gonners and drunk crackhead jager . Do you retards think that mushrooms dont drop spores while in the ground ? It has been windy as @&amp;$@ this whole week . I use mesh bags only because they do not rip as easy as plastic . I can tell you one thing , i have seen no difference in the quantity of mushrooms since i have been using a mesh bag . Spores are microscopic and blow all over the place with out a mesh bag . These are just crackhead theories that no proof what so ever . I think you crackheads need to go find a whore to take your aggression out on .

7. gans jager

Name calling does not make you right.

I have been doing this for over fifty years and I have seen many heavily foraged woodlots go sterile.

Don't let it happen - error on the side of conservation.
    Now, where is this whore?

8. cwlake

cwlake Morel Connoisseur

Just for the sake of discussion, I have also hunted over 50 yrs. and have seen many woods dry up while using mesh bags. I believe if the mycillium is there with the right kind of trees, they will form a marriage and fruit. However, the marriage doesn't last. Just like todays society.

9. gonners1979

My thing is this tho if you have even a 1% chance to help repopulate next years season why not try insted of just saying it dont matter and i feel there should only be regulations on state or public ground if its private then if they want to use garbage bags thats on them but public land needs to be regulated

10. shroomdawg

shroomdawg Morel Connoisseur

Yeah, that's what we need is some morel regulations. Nah I'll tell ya what we need is some of you to stay the hell outta the woods and quit pickin my damn shrooms, specially if yur one of those shroom yuppies I'm startin to see.

When I pull up to my favorite shroom stompin spot and see some Subaru Outback, Kia Soul, or some other car with the Coexist, Peace, Love, Dope bumper sticker crap slapped all over the car I know it's time for the Ol Dawg to find some new ground or put my Squatch suit roll out into the woods and scare the hell outta you..

Hell I'm just kidding................or am I? :wink:

11. tombombadil

tombombadil Morel Enthusiast

I'm gonna drive from PA to Illinois in my Toyota ecofriendly Camry just to pick all your spots before you can get to them SHROOMDAWG. Lovin you brother!

12. oldlords

oldlords Morel Enthusiast

Your point is mostly pointless about spreading spores as the morel only releases mature spores at the end of it's life cycle. Most hunt and pick morels way before the morel has released its spores. Here you can see a mushroom that releases it's spores in a similar fashion as a morel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxGaHUax-MU

Here's some more info copied and pasted from other morel info sites.

Most people believe they need a mesh bag to spread the spores around the woods as they are hunting. This is true, but only to a point. Mushroom spores are not present throughout the entire life cycle of the mushroom. If you are hunting early in the year and choose to harvest a mushroom before it is mature, then it is very likely that the spores have not yet been generated, and none will be spread as you are walking. Thus, if you are truly interested in spreading spores, the best time to harvest is later in the life-cycle.

The spores of morels tend to be released over a very short amount of time – all at the same time – and once that event occurs, its life cycle is completed. There is only a small amount of time within the mushroom’s life cycle where the spores are fully developed, and have yet to be released. If you are not harvesting during this window, then little is being done to spread the spores around.

The primary reason to use a mesh bag is to keep your mushrooms fresh.

If you place your mushrooms in a plastic bag, you are cutting off their ability to breathe, to respire. This is necessary for the mushrooms to maintain their original texture and consistency. This is usually as far as I would go in a morel lecture,

Hope you enjoyed some facts fuk tard. Now go cry to your congress officials and get another law passed to make morel hunting harder. Iowa passed a law making it illegal to sell morels without a permit and attending a class. You have to pay for the class and renew the permit every 3 years last time I checked. You know why that happened? HELLO... crying fuk tards like yourself, sticking their nose in other peoples affairs and crying for a law to be passed.

13. shroomdawg

shroomdawg Morel Connoisseur

This need for laws and regulations for shroom stompin is what happens when too many people have been indoctrinated/processed by the liberal media and educational system.

Their brains, having been turned to mush begin to malfunction if they don't believe the government has enough control of their lives so naturally when a shroom yuppie lib goes shroom huntin and can't find and shrooms they think it's due to plastic bags ROTMF'NFLMAO.

The reason you can't find shrooms is cuz you aint one with the mycelium and maybe cuz the Ol Dawg has gotten one step ahead of yur shroom yuppie ass and hit payday! :lol: :wink:

14. gonners1979

30 years experiance here and i find plenty every year and i do wait tward the end of there life cycle and every year i find more spots along the path i walk that never did before you cant tell it dont help and say it wont is like saying it light when its clearly dark and if you hunt public land you should have to pay a fee of something its there for our use we should help educate and preserve whats there before its gone all together

15. goshawk75

goshawk75 Morel Enthusiast

Typical liberal BS, more laws and regulations. You can't prove something but still want to run it down people's throats just because YOU believe it.
    Gonnorea1979 is the same idiot that was on here last year threatening to punch somebody and take their shrooms if he caught them using a plastic sac. Somebody should take a pllastic sac, put it over your head and tie it off..Fn moron.

16. jbiff79

jbiff79 Morel Enthusiast

Hahaaaaa @ gonnorhea thats some funny sh1t right there . Go crawl back in your hole.

17. oldlords

oldlords Morel Enthusiast

I meet up with my dad today ,who has been taught since great, great, grandpa on morel hunting. I ran your fee idea across him. He said that's why we pay taxes.

18. gans jager

This may come as a shock to some here, but you can disagree with someone without attacking them.
    Your angry rants dissolve any shred of credibility your argument might contain.

Have you never seen a spore print?

19. jack

jack Administrator Staff Member

I can't agree more Gans eager. Every year we get a few Trolls, this year 0 tolerance , I know they don't want to see this

<a href="http://s1197.photobucket.com/user/mushroomjack1/media/11193312_10205315903673915_243323554955606462_n_zpsevtsbc1i.jpg.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">[​IMG]</a>

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  20. gonners1979

im no troll i make a valid point and my point is simple let me break it down for ya i have hunted the same public land for at least the last 15 years started i was the only one going now it seems every year i see more and more fools out with plastic sacks destroying what i have worked hard to preserve yes its public land but if it wasnt for me using the mesh bags this whole time i can assure you they wouldnt grow here like they do currently every year i make new spots may only be 1 or 2 in said spot but every year i can see that it dose help and it makes sense for all you na sayers wh say i cant prove it well you beleave in god and you cant prove that now can you just casue someone writes it down dont make it true like i said even if there is a 1% chance of the mesh bags helping to repopulate the area why not do it for future harvest i