Pretty Quiet Out Here In The West!

Discussion in 'Delaware' started by jdaniels313, Apr 11, 2019.

1. jdaniels313

jdaniels313 Morel Connoisseur

IMG950594.jpg I haven't heard much Morel chit chat out here yet (other than Richard!) I got sent a photo from a friend near Happy Camp, CA who was wondering if these were Morels or false Morels. With a little affirmation from some fellow 'shroom heads' on this sight, I sent him an email verifying them as real, but not before he picked 2 five gallon buckets of them under one black walnut tree!! What a great score for a newbie huh? Anyway, FYI, that was at about 1100 ft. elevation along the Klamath River, so it looks like things are getting under way for 2019 here in the Golden State! Good Luck & Happy Shroomin'......

HawkeyeMerkels likes this.
  2. richard lingenfelter

richard lingenfelter Morel Enthusiast

3. richard lingenfelter

Looks like they are finally done here in seal beach. Found 1 small one yesterday and it was dry. Had a good 3 month run tho.. Happy ☺ hunting!!!

4. jdaniels313

Thanks! Are you sure it's over down there? What kinda elevation do you have access to? Maybe you could find some higher up.....

5. richard lingenfelter

Were at sea level but I can get up to 8000ft in about 1 1/2 hrs! I might check the soil temp in the local mountains in a week or 2! I'll let you know if i do.I kinda like finding them within a 2 min. walk from my house in the middle of town where the residents don't even know what they are!!!

1 person likes this.
  6. jdaniels313

Yeah, that is pretty cool! Well, good luck up higher if you go! Happy Shroomin'....

PS...I went down to the Sacramento River to check for Morels but they are discharging 40,000 cfs outta Shasta Dam now and the whole damn area is flooded!