Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This rain should help with the local harvest. I have been catching up on other posts and noticed all this talk of permits to pick mushrooms. I figure as long as they are on my property no need for a permit right. Unless one of you wants to pick here and then it will cost you a percentage of your haul and some good sipping whiskey for the fire. Hoping this post finds you all in good spirits and ready to hunt. The posted pics are from the hills above Sherman Oaks near Mulholland Drive. The new wood chip was a hit with the fungi. Does anyone recognize the last pic? These shroom are popping more than the Morels.

·
Registered
354 Posts
This rain should help with the local harvest. I have been catching up on other posts and noticed all this talk of permits to pick mushrooms. I figure as long as they are on my property no need for a permit right. Unless one of you wants to pick here and then it will cost you a percentage of your haul and some good sipping whiskey for the fire. Hoping this post finds you all in good spirits and ready to hunt. The posted pics are from the hills above Sherman Oaks near Mulholland Drive. The new wood chip was a hit with the fungi. Does anyone recognize the last pic? These shroom are popping more than the Morels.

View attachment 37024

View attachment 37025 View attachment 37026 View attachment 37027 View attachment 37028
View attachment 37030
Good luck and keep the pics coming

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well I figure this was probably the last rain of the year (I hope I'm wrong!) up here in far northern CA. I'm keeping my eye on last years burn areas too. The one fire was over a million acres so there will be plenty of ground to cover, but it is the only silver lining to our fire problems! Good luck this year!
PS.....so far it looks like the McCloud Mushroom Festival is planned for Memorial Weekend this year! 601eee36da45fb060b329573s.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts