1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Rain Rain Rain

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by steelheader, May 16, 2015.

1. steelheader

steelheader Morel Enthusiast

it is pouring in Deleware Co. Right now! Calling for rain tomorrow also. I needed alot of rain. Still not giving up hope yet. This rain just gave me the motivation I needed after the worst season ever. Usualy find 10 to 15 pounds in three or four hunts. This year five hunts, 20 hours and not one morel. All i can say is keep raining. Going out to my best spots in three to four days after the rains. If i strike out the next time, im afraid to say. This season was a bust! I will keep you all informed. But this year has to be a record low for Pa. I know some of you all found some, but thats nothing. I usualy find 25-50 in the first 15;minutes. Good luck everyone! Im doing the rain dance! Fish On or F off! Steelheader out!

2. Hey Steelheader, any luck since the 16th? I went out on the 16th and found 3 that I was a little late in finding. That was my first time out specifically for morels. I had been keeping an eye open while hiking with my girlfriend and puppy the previous 2 weekends, so it's no surprise I didnt spot any. Anyway I'm very new at this. Do you think the recent rain and drop in temperatures will bring any flushes of morels?