Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
people are finding them further north and in higher elevations to the east. id say it's that time of the year there. too far north and east to hunt those burns myself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was at the Butte Fire area last Monday. Nothing yet. However, The Butte fire was 100% private property. No federal or state lands involved so access is tough but not impossible... Good luck and watch your a$$. No amount of mushrooms are worth a backside full of buckshot for trespassing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hunted a fire this weekend at 3500'. weather reports were stating warmer weather in the area so i might have been a little early. no luck. found perfect areas with burns and logging equipment tracks but nothing. need a soil thermometer next time just to be sure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was at the Lowell burn today. The ground looks good just no morels yet. Oh by the way I'm new here, I probably should've introduced myself first.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am headed up to Lake Tahoe first week of september. I have yet to have any success looking for morels. Is there any hope of finding morels up in the Tahoe area? Could someone direct me a bit? I don't live up there and no way would I be able to compromise someones honey hole. Would appreciate any directions.
Thank you in advance!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts