Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

What is your favorite morel mushroom to HUNT?

• black morel

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • white morel

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • gray morel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • all morels buddy!

Votes: 13 76.5%
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy new year fellow hunters. Who's ready to do some hunting?
I thought I would create a fresh 2019 thread for us again.

If you can be so kind as to post your outings, findings, or other fungi related information here for Southern Michigan, that would be helpful for all of us.

I hope my fellow "Michiganders" are doing well.
And best of luck this season!

P.S. - Please take the new poll survey too!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just curious as to where you heard that, the Indiana site has went to hell in a handbasket. Seems they want to make it a private little club. I was ridiculed and talked to like a little kid for simply inviting others on the site to join me and my family and friends to a hunt at brown county state park with out asking for permission from the new sheriff
That’s why I stay away from the private club, it has been that way for a couple years. A guy from the Kentucky board found some and he could see Indiana, so I believe they should be finding in good numbers next week around Evansville area.

·
Registered
194 Posts
@T tom I’m actually enjoying the Indiana board, lots of mushroom talk and good energy. No stories about how many beers someone can drink, what kind of rolling papers one prefers, or how many cops you can out run. It’s a welcome change to mushroom and outdoor talks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hang on to your britches, more reports will be showing up soon from the same general area. On another site I visit a gent found these 2018 April 12th in the s.w mi.
Its his early spot every year.
20180412_163232.jpg

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nah its legit, this gent finds them in this spot every year about this time, just a few rocks/boulders and such can create little micro climates and such.
Wow! Ive never had an early-early spot or even a regular ol early spot! Micro-Climates are the RealDeal!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Shit, most times I can't find a 3" version. Ha
I hear ya, me either. Its what he calls his lucky stump. Just a gauge for him to see how the season is coming along. I have pics of his lucky stump finds going back to 2016 with newspaper and morel in the pic. Earliest date was march 19th.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts