Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Planning on checking my early spot on Sunday. I’m sure it’s too early but the weather has been so warm and we’ve gotten a couple decent rains I’m afraid I won’t be able to wait

·
Registered
3 Posts
A friend found a couple blacks before yesterday's rain, and a few more this morning. I've yet to find any yet though, getting out this afternoon.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I’m checking my black spot tomorrow and I’m confident I will find some. I will post pics.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi morel friends. I’m from Livingston county, going out today. Will let u know
Hi all. Found some very small ones in my primo spots, went south and found about 40 2 inch blacks. They were delicious with my dinner. With cold weather heading our way for a couple of days , we r probably a week out before they really start going. Have fun

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi all. Found some very small ones in my primo spots, went south and found about 40 2 inch blacks. They were delicious with my dinner. With cold weather heading our way for a couple of days , we r probably a week out before they really start going. Have fun
I’m in washtenaw and found a couple small ones in a new spot yesterday, checked back in on the ones I found Monday this afternoon and they are growing but not much. I agree, think it’s gonna be at least another week before it’s worth a good walk. Although I guess it’s always worth taking a good walk in the woods. Still haven’t found blacks in washtenaw county yet, usually have to travel north to get any. What trees are you finding the blacks in Livingston?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m in washtenaw and found a couple small ones in a new spot yesterday, checked back in on the ones I found Monday this afternoon and they are growing but not much. I agree, think it’s gonna be at least another week before it’s worth a good walk. Although I guess it’s always worth taking a good walk in the woods. Still haven’t found blacks in washtenaw county yet, usually have to travel north to get any. What trees are you finding the blacks in Livingston?
Found under some pines, with some elms in the area. Always find blacks to in this area. Always the first shrooms I find. Usually a week after that is when I find what u are used to around here

·
Registered
100 Posts
Grays, blonds, and half frees are the only ones I ever find down here. Typically under dead elms and apple trees, sometimes under the briars. I also pretty regularly find the little gray tulip morels under cherry trees. I have heard of people finding blacks in washtenaw county under tulip poplars but I’ve had no luck with that yet. The blacks I find are up north under whatever ash trees are left. I have found a few under poppples or big tooth aspen up there on the west side as well

·
Registered
825 Posts
I'm in NE Ohio and am still seeing posts from south of Columbus featuring blacks. Nothing has started in my area. I know that the flushes don't progress in a perfectly linear fashion, but I think you may have a little time yet. Yes, this cold snap has knocked things back a bit. After I went out to have a look, it seems like all the dandelions in my yard had disappeared!

A closer look revealed that the cold air had caused them to close up. I have never seen this before in my life, and I am 68 years old!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts