1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

ROLL CALL, APRIL 3RD!

Discussion in 'Kentucky' started by stasiakj, Apr 3, 2016.

1. stasiakj

stasiakj Morel Enthusiast

Sound off! Who's going 'shroomin today?!

2. shroomdawg

shroomdawg Morel Connoisseur

I'm in and gone shroomin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. jand

jand Morel Enthusiast

Im in, Even though in nky I don't think much is up. I,ve never found blacks in my area, but today could always be the day.

4. rockman48us

rockman48us Young Morel

been hunting morels for several years the wife and i hunted Fri. and Sat. found 3 small greys on Fri.
    and 2 2 inch greys Sat. We hunt in the Land Between The Lakes hunted down in the southern area.
    Dont know what these cool nights and days will effect them going to take the day off happy hunting

5. aore

aore Young Morel

Was out hunting in LBL yesterday too, got skunked. Found a couple greys on Ft Campbell Friday though.

6. stasiakj

stasiakj Morel Enthusiast

Aore, I'm here at Knox, getting ready to hit the woods on post. I've already found 2 dozen blacks this season, hoping to find some more good spots.

7. nutsak

nutsak Morel Connoisseur

Spent the morning rebuilding storm damaged fences. The cold spike last night has me not wanted to trek today. However with all the wind I am willing to be I find a couple blacks that may have been hiding under old leaves. I may go on an evening trek and grab a little more video footage for my youtube channel. I have scouted out some really nice spots for this year and cant want to show the results.

8. nutsak

nutsak Morel Connoisseur

I am going to take you guys with me this year on my hunts. I have scouted many great spots and will show you how to pre select locations prior to hunting. How to hunt / harvest. Also I will share my tips on post season prep for the following year.[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS5Y88QqW2M[/video]

9. davo62

davo62 Young Morel

Is anyone having any luck in Hopkinsville Christian County Ky ? We have been out several times and have found NOTHING!! Even our hot spots arent producing can anyone give me an update on why we havent seen anything yet? Is it due to no rain, the cold snap or what?

10. dr_ more l_ mushroom

dr_ more l_ mushroom Young Morel

Jefferson Co. is BLOWING UP!!! Finding all kinds of small greys and nice big yellows!

11. ricard76

ricard76 Morel Connoisseur

Picked 36 greys & yellows the past 2 days. Some esculentas and some deliciosas. The esculentas were in varying stages of growth ranging from 1 inch to one as big as my hand that weighed 2.5 oz. they were all found around elm and ash. Total weight was just short of 1 lb.

12. nutsak

nutsak Morel Connoisseur

Location Alpha: 1 Year old urban gas line.

I just completed this edit of Tuesdays morel scout. We need rain on the gas line. I will keep an eye on the weather over the next 8 days. We may have stumbled into some 2 or 3 day old mycelium when I did a light scrape. I will know more in a few days. Enjoy the extended video.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElBqGZ0h358[/video]

13. nutsak

nutsak Morel Connoisseur

Here comes a nice rainfall - Thursday should bring nice Grey Morels out.