1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

ross co.

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by alph2, Apr 26, 2013.

1. alph2

alph2 Young Morel

me and grandson found 5 lbs ross co today all yelows about 4 in.

2. wizard_12

wizard_12 Morel Enthusiast

Care to share where? Hahaha
    I'm dying to find some.

3. shrooner

shrooner Morel Enthusiast

I'm Finding the Yellow on Top of the Ridges in Pike County wizard Found 4-5 lb today on Top of Long Nob But I live about Half way Up Long Nob on the Clines Chaple side But still Finding a Bunch of Half Free (PeckerHeads) and Blacks down about the Half to 3/4 ways up the Hills. Most Under Elms, Ash, Poplar and Old Grape Vines Wild Grapes that is. Hope this Helps you. Oh I Left 2 of the Biggest Yellows Lay where I found them Today I took pictures of them and Cut them Off and either missed my Sack Opening or left them lay did not notice they were missing until I got Home LOL now thats Bad out of a #1 Srooner' Yes I do know Shrooms dont have a N in it lol. Jim

4. shroomfever

shroomfever Morel Enthusiast

Found a few in scioto trails today.....anyone have any tips on where to find the big yellows?...Im finding some yellows but none big enough to brag about....

5. wizard_12

wizard_12 Morel Enthusiast

I'm going out tomorrow evening. Just had a decent rain so I sure hope it helps. I'm dying to find a nice mess of em sometime soon.

6. shrooner

shrooner Morel Enthusiast

This time of Year Shroomfever I start what I call Road Hunting I drive the Mostly Back Roads and Lood for Dead Elms and just stop and take a quick look around the Trees You may make 20-30 stops and Nothing But that 1 stop will net you 4-8lb or it always has for me and I find more Yellows like that then any other way. And just for your ease of Mind all Roads in OH has a Min of 40' Right of way so no Permission Needed un less you go Pass the State Right of way and alot of the Black Top Roads have a 80' esment so 40' from the Center line each side, But I have never Been ask what I was doing and I will stop in front of Houses with People out in the Yard I have Been Invited over to Have a Beer with many, Now that part can get a little ify if there is a Bunch of Drunk people there LOL, But you have the Right to use any part of the Highways in Ohio. Hope this Helps some. Jim