Sangamon County

Discussion in 'Illinois' started by randypedigo, Apr 20, 2015.

1. randypedigo

randypedigo Morel Enthusiast

Reliable reports of small ones here in Sangamon. Reliable reports of nice ones from Macoupin and Morgan Counties just to the south of us. Still a bit early here, I think.

2. rtdfrm1

rtdfrm1 Morel Enthusiast

Found 3 not too good in Sangamon we need rain???

3. shroomin fred

shroomin fred Morel Enthusiast

Just East of you in Moultrie and Shelby counties...I've been finding small greys for about a week. Found 12 today. About half were very fresh and the rest starting to dry out. No yellows or blacks yet. Should just be a few days now, especially with the coming rain and warmer temps next week.

4. rtdfrm1

rtdfrm1 Morel Enthusiast

I hope your right Shoomin Fred ,,,,,We need the moisture...... but the heat around 80 degrees is a little too warm I think?????

5. randypedigo

randypedigo Morel Enthusiast

Big haul yesterday. They are out there.

6. shroomin fred

shroomin fred Morel Enthusiast

Weather is finally looking favorable. Rain coming Sunday through Thursday and not too warm with temps in the 70s. Conditions will be prime if we get the predicted rain.

7. reno9499

reno9499 Morel Enthusiast

Tons of rain last night and more today!! I hope it is not to late to save the season??

8. chevyshroomer

chevyshroomer Morel Enthusiast

I too will be curious to see if the season is still on in central il.with the reports coming in from northern il. of yellows I don't hold much hope.i think those 30 degree nights we had a couple of weeks ago killed our season.