Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anybody having luck in the Saratoga area ?
I’m seeing all of the signs but haven’t had any luck yet. Is it just me ?
I hunt morels close to (20 miles south of) Saratoga County and have not found a morel yet. I was out once before on May 10th. Today was a heavy rain so perhaps that will help. I have been hnting morels for 12 years and have found them as early as May 5th. Please post when you start seeing them so we know when they start in this area. I wear tick clothing treated by the manufacturer and spray them with tick and insect spray that lasts 6 weeks,and check myself when I get home. I hope it wasn't an early season and I missed it???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hunt morels close to (20 miles south of) Saratoga County and have not found a morel yet. I was out once before on May 10th. Today was a heavy rain so perhaps that will help. I have been hnting morels for 12 years and have found them as early as May 5th. Please post when you start seeing them so we know when they start in this area. I wear tick clothing treated by the manufacturer and spray them with tick and insect spray that lasts 6 weeks,and check myself when I get home. I hope it wasn't an early season and I missed it???
i was wondering the same thing, with all this heat I was worried. Hopefully this rain helped a bit. I was out literally all day yesterday and turned up nothing. This time last year I was finding dried out yellows. let’s just hope it’s a late start and not a complete miss. I will keep this post updated with any findings. Ticks are bad this year. Permethrin is the only thing that seems to work these days. Good luck ! 👍

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tough year thus far, hoping for a turn around. Good luck, enjoy the hunt.
Are you hunting anywhere near Saratoga,Fulton,Montgomery,Schenectady,Abany counties? Usually by now I have found some. The days I went were hot so putting the time in sweating was discouraging. Hopefully the best is yet to come? Hopefully with the information found here we can narrow down when they start popping up. If you have ever been a few days late, thats even worse. Good luck and when I finally find some I will pass the info on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts