Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’ve checked my “gray” patch two days in a row now. Nothing yet. It’s plenty wet but the wind & temp are problems. Looking at the forecast I figure Saturday will be warm enough to get them going. Sunday will be the first haul. Montgomery county here btw.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sunday is the day... I’ve got a good feeling about it. 73 tomorrow, 77 Sunday ... they’re ripe to pop.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The grays I’m finding so far are drying out fast. Unless we get some rain (and a lot less wind) it’s going to be a “check every night and cut em as soon as you find them” kind-of year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The grays I’m finding so far are drying out fast. Unless we get some rain (and a lot less wind) it’s going to be a “check every night and cut em as soon as you find them” kind-of year.
w
what county ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
We’re at around 30 at this point. The rain went north of us so we’ll continue to check daily and cut right away. Typically we let them grow a day or two but they’re drying up too fast this year. We did water a few and put a gallon jar over one of the bigger ones. This works pretty well as long as it’s not in the sun... jar in the sun = puddle of mush :)

·
Registered
883 Posts
We’re at around 30 at this point. The rain went north of us so we’ll continue to check daily and cut right away. Typically we let them grow a day or two but they’re drying up too fast this year. We did water a few and put a gallon jar over one of the bigger ones. This works pretty well as long as it’s not in the sun... jar in the sun = puddle of mush :)
put a white 5 gallon bucket over them willy. put something under one edge to let a little air in and spritz them with a little water daily. We grew some big ones in my dad's yard on an ash one year. Full sun.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts