Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jmay, the best way to taste test them is to slice them in half, lengthwise. Then sauté them on medium to medium low heat till all the liquid is dissolved, then add butter and sauté a little longer. Season with salt & pepper.
100_7323.JPG

·
Registered
32 Posts
Do the Shaggy mane re-fruit in the same spots from previous year finds ? like alot of other types do. Thanks!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do the Shaggy mane re-fruit in the same spots from previous year finds ? like alot of other types do. Thanks!
I find them in the same areas . There's a church yard where I've found them for around 8 years so far. Some years there's more than other years. Guess it depends on the rain that season.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Out here in CA. they fruit in the same spots every season as long as someone doesn't tear up the area they are growing in. By the way, I slice my Shaggy Manes length wise, dip them in egg that I previously whipped up (with a splash of milk) then cover them in Progresso Italian bread crumbs and fry them in 1/2 butter and 1/2 olive oil. It's to die for!! Give it a try; you won't be sorry! (and you'll be hooked!).

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
I find them in the same areas . There's a church yard where I've found them for around 8 years so far. Some years there's more than other years. Guess it depends on the rain that season.
That's an awesome video Jack! That's a Shaggy Mane forest if I ever seen one! Cool, cool video!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts