Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Fellers, i think the rain Sunday-Tuesday is going to allow something pretty special to happen. Found over a hundred grays today that were barely above the ground. And I mean barely. Not dried out at all, either. They are two separate mother loads in the making. It drives me nuts to think about the ones that aren't visible yet. That rain can't get here fast enough. I took lots of pics. If I can figure out how to upload them from my phone, I will.

·
Registered
29 Posts
SWI, I can't figure out how to upload the photos I took, but I can email em to you if you want. I'm at [email protected] I'd bet my last buck on a pretty killer finish after what I saw today. You natives know a lot more than I do, but I'll be darned if these woods don't seem ready to explode after a good rain.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I agree. Him and KB. I bet those seasoned vets laugh when we describe a patch of a hundred mushrooms as a "mother lode". Good luck out there, SG! If you see anything like what I saw yesterday, the tease is on. This weird season has longer legs than I thought, though the vegetation is getting rather manly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Kb, I'm in SG's backyard--Iowa City. These rains produced some fresh, prodigious, tight gilled shrooms around here the past couple of days. I pulled almost 300 out of two spots over the past couple of days. There were still tiny grays, fresh as can be, barely breaking the surface. Had to leave for Des Moines last night, but I plan on checking Friday night to see what's up. There were new shrooms both times I went back. The shroompocalypse SG was sensing is very near, but this last push has been amazing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.