Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

Shroomin aint for wussies!

76431 Views 637 Replies 70 Participants Last post by  morel finder
Ol ShroomDawg's been in training for the past several weeks preparing for the 2015 season. Started my training by frying up the last batch of shrooms from the deep freeze while slamming down a couple of Amber Bock beers, those last shrooms from the freezer put the Ol Dawg on notice that we's officially out of Morchella's and this is of great concern to Dawg and the Mrs.

So now I'm in the field building up my stamina and endurance, started with a few brisk walks through the woods not far from the house. Did not take long and I moved my training to the river bluffs along the MO river. The 1st few climbs were a bona fide bitch but now I'm barely breathing hard when I hit the ridge.

I'm calling you out Morel Finder, I know who you are and I think you know me so this year we'll see who's king of the Morchellas in NWMO. This aint a joke so if you want some bring it! I'll be waiting to hear from ya, in the mean time take a look at the last batch of Shrooms the Dawg found May 13 of 2014 just so you know what you're up against. L8R!

Reactions: 1
1 - 20 of 638 Posts
getting ready around the joe town area I can smell them
enjoy the dawg and kbs post on here very good stuff good luck this year should be interesting
haven't had a chance to go yet but this weekend I will be in the woods got Saturday sunday and took a vacation day Monday for turkeys and shrooms I hope
I will post some pics if im successful in my endeavors good luck and happy shroomin
Reactions: 2
Great stuff there dawg I'm north of kc about fifty miles glad to see you are sniffing a few out lol my turn now
lol heard that about the purple stuff seperates the big dawgs from the little dawgs
Well it finally happened today got nine of them I knew I was next dawg and kb lol
Soil Plant Adaptation Root vegetable
See less See more
Reactions: 3
Went today and didn't do too bad DeKalb gentry county line I had 116 buddy had a few more than that probably maples all small a few mediums no big ones Grey's mostly

Attachments

See less See more
Would've had about that many more but ran into a guy about half way thru the draw that had a nice mess that's how it goes on public land lol
Soil Rock
Mushroom Ingredient Matsutake Plant Shiitake
False morel Mushroom Cruciferous vegetables Cauliflower Fungus
yesterday's haul me and my buddy morel magnet hills a few elm more by ash
See less See more
Here's a pic of a nice cluster from today

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 5
Shroomdawg your thread says it all the hills I climbed today definitely ain't for wussies I'll soon be 56 and morel magnet will be 46 the hills kicked out butts lol laying on the porch licking out wounds now belly full of shrooms good luck dawg and kb may your bags be bulging
Reactions: 4
Surprised by how many ash have not be killed by the ash bore in the areas we were in
Seen alot of other shroomers out today better get out and get them or they will be gone probably gonna lay on the porch for a few days here but hope the rain comes and I'm back out again midweek
Longboard Wood Hardwood Skateboard Skateboarding Equipment
Toy Stuffed toy Plush Fictional character
ok baws better get off the porch found a nice batch today had some good size to them fresh as could be had to dawg paddle in a couple spots with the rain today lol
See less See more
Waiting for some of the Dawgs and kb reports you guys should be knee deep in them now
Oyster mushroom
See less See more
Yea this thread is the stuff shrooming dreams are made of nice bags there dawg I knew you were getting warmed up those pics are awesome good luck
1 - 20 of 638 Posts