Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

Shroomin aint for wussies!

76431 Views 637 Replies 70 Participants Last post by  morel finder
Ol ShroomDawg's been in training for the past several weeks preparing for the 2015 season. Started my training by frying up the last batch of shrooms from the deep freeze while slamming down a couple of Amber Bock beers, those last shrooms from the freezer put the Ol Dawg on notice that we's officially out of Morchella's and this is of great concern to Dawg and the Mrs.

So now I'm in the field building up my stamina and endurance, started with a few brisk walks through the woods not far from the house. Did not take long and I moved my training to the river bluffs along the MO river. The 1st few climbs were a bona fide bitch but now I'm barely breathing hard when I hit the ridge.

I'm calling you out Morel Finder, I know who you are and I think you know me so this year we'll see who's king of the Morchellas in NWMO. This aint a joke so if you want some bring it! I'll be waiting to hear from ya, in the mean time take a look at the last batch of Shrooms the Dawg found May 13 of 2014 just so you know what you're up against. L8R!

Reactions: 1
1 - 5 of 638 Posts
I met a morel hunter who was literally in a walker coming down a very steep slope step by step headed down to where I just picked like 3 lbs..... handed him half the bag on my way up and said see you next season😎
Reactions: 4
I also do that if I see a poor mother with brats being dragged through the woods😎
Reactions: 1
Sometimes I smell them too but unfortunately it's when we started stepping on them😝
1 - 5 of 638 Posts