Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not very long, just 6 shy years...LOL! Anyway, we moved to this house fall of 2010. The house is surrounded by trees, mostly elms. I read that if you spread the salt water that you soaked the morels on the yard it will yield later on, so I have been doing this since then, so its really true. I found 6 pretty good sized greys so far, I'm trying to keep the moisture on the ground by spraying water to see if more will come up. And it is also true that if there is enough moisture and sunlight it will grow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This tale goes back very many years.problem is even still today nobody can provide evidence that they would not be there without your efforts.correlation is not causation.there are thousands of people myself among them that get Morels in their yard with no such trick or is just the wonder if nature in my opinion.enjoy those!

·
Registered
64 Posts
if you have elms....then that is a good reason you have morels...not saying or nay/saying....just saying ...that true might not be true

·
Registered
311 Posts
In any case, it's a good practice to return the trimmings and water to the earth. Congrats on your finds, Jimana. I found 2 in my yard Friday (in town), and my neighbor found about 40; all were associated with elms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts