1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

South of Grand Mound, IA

Discussion in 'Iowa' started by betheaux, May 5, 2015.

1. betheaux

betheaux Young Morel

Found about 20 mushrooms of incredible variety (yellows/blondes/greys/blacks) this past Saturday in our favorite spot south of Grand Mound, IA. Most of them were starting to dry up, and we didn't stick around long enough to do a hard search. All this early spring warmth has made the ground cover go crazy earlier than expected, so it is a challenge. These past two days of rain were likely just what we needed to stretch the season out and make em' pop. Going back out tomorrow and hoping for a bigger harvest.

I documented our hunt with a quick little video. Warning: Drooling on your keyboard may occur.
    https://vimeo.com/126709316

2. shroomtrooper

shroomtrooper Morel Connoisseur

Real nice video, thanks for sharing.

3. betheaux

betheaux Young Morel

Thank you @shroomtrooper! :)

4. shroom god

shroom god Morel Connoisseur

I agree, shroomtrooper, that is extraordinary! I'll bookmark it and watch it to get me through until next season. Well done, betheaux.

Still finding plenty in Washington County. Bagged 35 <strong>VERY</strong> large ones today, 6-7 inches. I got a real good soaking while I was out, too. :cool: