1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Southeast Kansas

Discussion in 'Kansas' started by alonzo, Apr 8, 2015.

1. alonzo

alonzo Young Morel

bingo! several dozen yesterday. still fairly small but we are on the right track.

2. dragon76

dragon76 Morel Enthusiast

what county are you in still waiting here in crawford

3. mysticmorel

mysticmorel Morel Enthusiast

Niece in Pittsburg area posted a photo to FB last night where she found a couple dozen yesterday between 2-3 inches tall.

4. alonzo

alonzo Young Morel

crawford county! go get em! found them in several spots which is a great sign.

5. dragon76

just got back found 41 little greys, all but 4 in the same flush, several twins. left a few that where to small. walked for over 2 hrs, it's going to be really good in a few days, still need some rain, believe it or not.these had just popped within the last couple days, was at the same spots Saturday. saw several reds, some just breaking the surface. not sure why, but this location is about 10 days later then normal. Guess soil temps. Oh well, doesn't matter, it's on!!!!

6. verdimorels

verdimorels Morel Enthusiast

Been finding a few here and there since the 2nd. Just starting to see the signs of the big flush

7. dragon76

looks like where going to miss this rain, think we could use a little, should be pretty good by the weekend, and real good by the next weekend.

8. morel_man

morel_man Morel Enthusiast

Got plenty of rain here in Wilson county the last two days. I went on about a 2 mile look today and found two grays about 3 inches tall. Everything looked great except for the Morel part.

9. shroomaker

shroomaker Morel Enthusiast

Has anyone been finding any morels in Sedgwick, Sumner, Barber counties?

10. shroomaker

shroomaker Morel Enthusiast

Also Kingman or Harper counties?

11. dragon76

what effect will this cold snap have? i'm thinking not to much ground temps will bounce back this afternoon, this weekend should be the start I'm hoping lol

12. t-rex

t-rex Morel Enthusiast

Picked up 46 greys in Woodson county a couple of days ago. All were found around one cottonwood tree.

13. morel_man

Found seven today...only hunted one small patch of elm and ash...the seven were around an ash.....first of the week and it ought to be on in the areas that have the moisture.

14. verdimorels

verdimorels Morel Enthusiast

That moisture is disappearing fast to. Left some small ones for 4 days and have hardly grown. Guess soil temps aren't quite there. The frost didn't help

15. ricomorelo

ricomorelo Morel Enthusiast

Found 2 blondes about 4" in Wichita today. Hoping they were just early poppers. The ground is bone dry. Still hoping we get rain very soon, and they will flush out. Ground temps are all ready getting way to high. Fingers crossed.

16. dragon76

still need rain...badly, found another 30-40 today, but had to work real hard for them. Places that should produce were to dry. found several that where already drying out. If we can get a slow soaker, it should be great

17. yendor22

yendor22 Morel Enthusiast

U can tell when they start finding them because. Everybody goes silent report coming in from warsaw fri by 6 pm,he musta knocked it out the park cause hes silent,grounds dry,lets go to warsaw,lol

18. morel_man

Found 54 nice ones today....3 to 4 inchers. They were all picked in two places I looked at Thursday and only found one in each spot then. Still have plenty of moisture here, but another rain wouldn't hurt anything....I still think by Monday it should be in full swing.

19. mysticmorel

mysticmorel Morel Enthusiast

Went today here in Franklin Co 2 different spots than what I normally go, not a morel in sight. Rain keeps going around us & it's so very dry. From what I've heard on the news we're not expecting any rain soon. It's got me bummed out.

20. morel_man

We have from a 30% to 70% chance of rain here from now through Tuesday. Been pretty lucky this year and got the rain when they called for it. When I was out today most places still had surface moisture but a little more sure couldn't hurt anything.