Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Perry county here. I think I might hit it tomorrow just to get loosened up. I don't find any black ones so I got to wait on the yellow and grays. I have a spot where they come up early. I am thinking next weekend should be good.
Gonna try to get some crappie to go with them for a fry.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You guys are not allowed to hunt here unless you teach me how to catch crappie. I just came out of the hills. No early ones yet. I did find a small red one. Thing there should be a few up by the weekend. I hope they don't come up till Monday though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
As far as ticks I was in a woods down by carbondale where I was working today for about 20 minutes and picked 5 of the off of me. I use deep woods off, the powder form in blue spray cans generously and had 0 ticks from the strip hills.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Azmodeus, The burnt woods I think would be a prime place to look. I have heard they grow crazy after a burn. Sounds like you are on the right path. Tank79, In the woods, that's where I pick mushrooms. LOL. Me giving my spots is like you giving up your fishing spots. HAHA. The full cooler now, that is my kind of fishing. Good luck this weekend. I don't know if I will make it out till Sunday, supposed to go camping at Carlyle lake this weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.