Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
When I go out I wear all drab green from head to toe and make a point not to make a lot of noise. Almost gave two different people heart attacks today when they stomped and crashed within 10 yards of me before I said "Any luck?" I've had people pass by close enough to spit on in heavy undergrowth that never even knew I was there. Feels kinda creepy and awesome at the same time. Glad I grew up in the sticks.

· Registered
8 Posts
It's just a weird year, went and searched about half an hour south of the cities a couple days ago and found nothing but tiny little pencil erasers. Went searching today right in the cities and found 8 lbs between us all high up on south facing hills. With all of this cool weather the real key right now is to find south facing hills and search the top half of them. I found a couple patches today that had already gone bad and some of my regular spots have barely sprouted or are just tiny still. Haven't found a single one large enough to pick anywhere but those south facing hills.

· Registered
8 Posts
Might have been turkey hunters, but if they were trespassers that is really unfortunate. I hunt public land because that is all I have access to, but no matter how bad it gets I would never just go on someone's place without permission. Growing up I learned the best way to get permission is just to knock on doors, worst you can get is a no and 95% of the time I got a yes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.