1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Southern MN

Discussion in 'Minnesota' started by shroomtrooper, Apr 27, 2015.

1. shroomtrooper

shroomtrooper Morel Connoisseur

Any reports from the southern MN shroomers. Its got to be close.

2. markp53

markp53 Morel Enthusiast

Check your early spots. Today.

3. crazymushroomguy

crazymushroomguy Morel Enthusiast

Here in the southwest things look primed but dry, lots of wildflowers, dandelions and big ramps. Im going to start looking hard and doing some travel to areas that have had more precip after the middle of the week. There definitely have to be some up somewhere at this point, just trying not to trample the woods to much yet!

4. concreteman

concreteman Morel Enthusiast

Went out after work found a bunch of little ones...I went right to a tree where I found a bunch last year and there they were, the tinyest morels I've ever seen and there was a pile of them!! Didn't take but a few seconds to find them...can't wait for heat and some more rain.......

5. shroomtrooper

shroomtrooper Morel Connoisseur

6. angrytrespasser

angrytrespasser Morel Enthusiast

Drove south into iowa , found four pounds. Large yellow and grays.. Jerky farmer was waiting at my c ar took all of them and most of my rear end off. so no pictures today. Now i know how the indians must have felt.glad concretemans finding them, your the new shroomgod! Keep your eyes open i'm heading north

7. buckthornman

buckthornman Morel Connoisseur

Good to hear concreteman! Greys?

8. crazymushroomguy

crazymushroomguy Morel Enthusiast

Drove down to the state line yesterday, surprisingly drier than my home territory in spite of an inch more rain. I didn't see much, but did thankfully find a new area to hunt that looks really promising so not a complete bust. Made a stop closer to home in an area that's always held moisture well and produced early and saw 40-50 1/2 inchers during a 30 minute walk.

Speaking of bust, thanks a million to whoever busted out my rear windshield in the Blue Earth area, I hope karma eats your lunch.

9. morellady

morellady Young Morel

In regard to hunting morels on private land, you must get permission from the landowner to access. I am a landowner and our family hunts mushrooms on our land. It's pretty disturbing when morel hunters help themselves without asking. I understand why the "jerky farmer" was upset, and I think you would be too if someone walked into your yard and picked vegetables from your garden. Please be considerate.

10. concreteman

concreteman Morel Enthusiast

Mostly greys few blonds....

11. angrytrespasser

Morel lady says " I am a landowner". The indians nsaid they were lanowners. We live on a planet, you think u own a piece of it, the govt can come in any time and take it from you. you did not plant those mushrooms , they blew in on the wind. your mine, mine , mine attitude is greedy. it is places like yours i like to trespass best. See you on lakota territory ignorant beach

12. shroomster

shroomster Morel Enthusiast

Sorry mr angry but how hard is it to knock on a door to ask permission, it's not about " its my land" it's about respect you idiot. Witch obviously your parents never taught you any

13. angrytrespasser

I respect the previous occupier of said land

14. angrytrespasser

Respect learned from white man

15. angrytrespasser

I'm gonna eat your fungus!

16. buckthornman

Ok kids let's play nice. If you want to get Bucky just start bitchin at me. I'll tell you where the bear shits in the woods! And what comes outta it. Native pride. End of story! If you want to learn from one that's the best thing you can do. And make sure it's a elder. No I'm not but enough said:)

17. buckthornman

Kids these days... May the gods let you have the ivy. ........

18. angrytrespasser

Sounds like we met in the woods today buckthorn. still angry?

19. angrytrespasser

And your right young indians don't know sheet.