Southern WV

Discussion in 'West Virginia' started by gwebb, Apr 8, 2014.

1. gwebb

gwebb Morel Enthusiast

Found 14 blacks yesterday evening. Most were small ones. A few were nice size though. Won't be long till there are up good.

2. gwebb

gwebb Morel Enthusiast

Got my hopes up this evening for nothing. Hit 3 spots that usually produce, only found 3 all together. Looking at Google Earth I noticed the place I found them yesterday was a southern facing slope.

3. gwebb

gwebb Morel Enthusiast

I hit four more spots from Friday through Sunday, didn't find the first one. Hoping for some rain to go with these warm temps.

4. mattestep

mattestep Morel Enthusiast

what county are you in?

5. im hungry

im hungry Morel Connoisseur

hey did you guys get any of this snow? im around dayton oh and it looks like january outside..

6. mbdola

mbdola Morel Connoisseur

I'm here in Harrison Co WV and there is no snow. It's all rain and temps are 50 right now. Expecting some snow flurries later today as the temps drop, but thats it.

7. gwebb

gwebb Morel Enthusiast

I'm in Raleigh County near Beckley. No snow as of yet but they are syaing it will be here by this evening.

8. hilbilyshroomr

hilbilyshroomr Morel Enthusiast

In Beckley and there is snow,,, again.. was on the river looking a few days ago.. mayapple is up but no luck on the moochers

9. lumberjack633

lumberjack633 Young Morel

Mon County,
    Snowed from noon - 8p. No accumulation . . . no blacks. Did run into a guy that found a about 5 small ones. I did dig up a bag of ramps while looking. If I could figure out how to post a picture i would.

10. sbra8889

sbra8889 Young Morel

Found 2 in Fayette County yesterday. I grey and 1 yellow. Yellow was very small and the great wasn't much bigger. Went out today with no luck. Going back out tomorrow! :D Also, does everyone use a mesh bag here?

11. gwebb

gwebb Morel Enthusiast

Went out yesterday and found 5 small blacks. We need some rain for them to start popping up.

12. gwebb

gwebb Morel Enthusiast

Founds 130 blacks yesterday and 30 on Saturday. Loving this rain!! Can't wait to get out in the morning while turkey hunting.

13. gwebb

gwebb Morel Enthusiast

Hit a spot this afternoon. Found 81 blondes and one black that was in rough shape. I'm thinking the end is very near for my area. :cry: