southwest va finds 2018

Discussion in 'Virginia' started by shaggyxblanton, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Bixahscheesah

Bixahscheesah Morel Enthusiast

Found 23 tonight, they're larger than the ones I found last week.

2. barndog

barndog Morel Connoisseur

I am still finding them but they are starting to look old. If it rains this weekend maybe we will have one more sprout.

More Merkel Pizza on the way!

Attached Files:

Bixahscheesah likes this.

3. Cwanders

Cwanders Morel Enthusiast

I may be too late. Hoping I can find some.

4. Bixahscheesah

I found a handful yesterday, but some of them were really dried out. Not sure if this rain will bring another round or not, it's getting quite warm.

5. barndog

I found only a few today and they were getting old and dry. I hope this rain brings one more sprout. You can tell the season is changing by all the critters starting to come out.

Attached Files:

6. Evette

Evette Young Morel

I went out today, but couldn't find any. Brought home a few ticks though. I'm new to morel hunting in Virginia, and this is my first encounter with ticks.

7. Bixahscheesah

Ticks can be a real problem, I try to remember to check for them when I get back from the woods.
    We got over an inch of rain, here's hoping there will be 1 more sprout of 'shrooms! Didn't see any yesterday when I was out.

Cwanders likes this.
  8. Jared Thompson

Jared Thompson Young Morel

I went out yesterday, right in the top triangle of va and nothing in known spots.... seems as if it's getting late quickly...

9. barndog

Found a few more yesterday. Most of them are quite mature but I did find a few fresh looking ones. I keep looking until I find nothing for a few days.

Attached Files: