1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Southwestern corner of Pa.

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by morel4ever, Apr 9, 2013.

1. morel4ever

morel4ever Morel Enthusiast

It seems like most of the pickers on the board are from the Eastern side of Pa. I'm from the Western side, SW corner. Anybody out there from this side of the state?

2. stevek

stevek Young Morel

I'm in sw PA. I've been out the last 5 days or so, nothing yet. Should be any day now.

3. swpa

swpa Morel Enthusiast

in westmoreland county, tomorrow will be first find if we get rain.

4. morelsxs

morelsxs Morel Connoisseur

In Fayette County . . . I'll be out tomorrow. Sure hopin' we get the rain tonight. Was 83 here today. Too warm and too dry. Temps s'pose to drop to the 60s next week so that's good for us. C'mon rain.

5. morel4ever

I'm in southern West'd cty. Haven't been out yet. To much work & not enough time to play.leaving for trout camp on Friday. So I won't be able to get out till at least Sunday afternoon, Good luck to everyone & hope for rain.

6. backwoodschic

backwoodschic Young Morel

im in washington county have been out to check a few of my spots before the rain about to head out shortly. hopefully they are up!

7. morel4ever

Everyone is chomping at the bit awaiting the arrival of the mighty morel!!

8. bktahoe516

bktahoe516 Morel Enthusiast

So dry in Mon Valley, ramps are just sproutin! Come on rain...

9. swpashroomin

swpashroomin Young Morel

ohiopyle, pa checking in. went out yesterday and came up empty. rain tonight so praying for a sighting monday

10. shroomluv

shroomluv Young Morel

Greene County here!!!

11. morella1980

morella1980 Morel Enthusiast

SW corner right here. No morels yet... They should be on the way though!

12. morelsxs

morelsxs Morel Connoisseur

<span style="font-family: Verdana">Heard of a few being found in Greene County but that's as far as it goes. Out yesterday to my early black spot(s) and nada. Trillium is w/flowers and a few were bloomin'. May apples up about 2" w/leave unfurled. Saw lots of scarlet cups and sweet white violets. Elevation around 1,000 ft. Fayette County. </span>

13. rippers

rippers Morel Enthusiast

From South Hills of PGH... Other than a few very scattered early ones, Im thinking 2 more weeks before greys/yellows flush

14. switmorel

switmorel Young Morel

I'm trying to strategize a 2 day Morel hunting trip to Uniontown area from Virginia, and appreciate the updates from Fayette and ohiopyle. :)
    I need about 3 days notice to prepare, so it'll be a tricky one.

15. morella1980

My Dad and I found grays in Acme, pa yesterday. Near Stone Villa Winery to be exact.

I'm going out and looking today in other areas in Washington, and Westmoreland counties.

16. morel4ever

my bro-in-law is out checking a couple of our early spots. haven't heard anything yet....that can't mean good news.

Morella, my buddy has a cottage 1/2 mile away from Stone Villa. I have quite a few friends who live on Alice Rd. You from that area?

17. morella1980

My sister lives up that way, beautiful area! I'm more towards the West Newton area.

Did he find anything yesterday? I found only 2 out in the Mingo Park area. Grays.

18. morel4ever

Nope. He struck out. He did run into another shroom hunter &amp; he didn't find any either. I'm from the Mt. Pleasant area.

We do look some in the Stone Villa area. But those friends I mentioned look a little bit in that area so we try to give them their space.

19. k_milillo

k_milillo Young Morel

I'm working out of town in the southern bedford/cumberland,MD area. I'd like to go mushroom hunting a bit this evening. Does anyone know where they grow?

20. ssmorel

ssmorel Young Morel

Tomorrow I'm hoping will be great day after all the rain last night. From Latrobe westmoreland county. Few hot spots that I been checking my spots with no luck yet