Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

Southwestern corner of Pa.

11K views 54 replies 20 participants last post by  acunit421 
#1 ·
It seems like most of the pickers on the board are from the Eastern side of Pa. I'm from the Western side, SW corner. Anybody out there from this side of the state?

#12 ·
<span style="font-family: Verdana">Heard of a few being found in Greene County but that's as far as it goes. Out yesterday to my early black spot(s) and nada. Trillium is w/flowers and a few were bloomin'. May apples up about 2" w/leave unfurled. Saw lots of scarlet cups and sweet white violets. Elevation around 1,000 ft. Fayette County. </span>

#18 ·
Nope. He struck out. He did run into another shroom hunter &amp; he didn't find any either. I'm from the Mt. Pleasant area.

We do look some in the Stone Villa area. But those friends I mentioned look a little bit in that area so we try to give them their space.

#21 ·
Went out looking in a couple of my early spots (Greene &amp; Fayette Co.) on Saturday. Did well, Found about 2 lbs in 1 spot (south facing slope), Nothing in the other 2 spots. All nice size, some almost 5 -6". Couldn't get out Sunday. To many obligations. Heading out Wednesday, if the weather gets warmer.Good Luck to everyone.

#26 ·
Out on Saturday after turkey. Got my bird by 6:30. Then waited till 11:30 to go looking for shrooms. Didn't want to disrupt anyones hunting while I was looking for shrooms. Found 18 blacks. Looked for almost 4 hours. Hopefully this rain &amp; higher nighttime temps will work their magic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.