St.Clair county

Discussion in 'Illinois' started by jut10, Apr 22, 2014.

1. jut10

jut10 Morel Enthusiast

Nothing for me yet this year. anyone else in st clair find anything???

2. shroomunster

shroomunster Young Morel

I'm in Troy, been out daily looking for any sign. The may apples are slowly coming in, no false morels yet. I'll be out sometime today.

3. jut10

jut10 Morel Enthusiast

4. jut10

jut10 Morel Enthusiast

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  5. jut10

jut10 Morel Enthusiast

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  6. jut10

jut10 Morel Enthusiast

tryed to post pics of a couple tiny morels i found today but it didnt work out>but anyways i found about 10 small ones so there starting to pop in st clair

7. ace

ace Young Morel

Anybody ever hunt the kaskaskia river banks?

8. grumpy7233

grumpy7233 Young Morel

Went looking today near Freedom Farm and didn't find any. Saw a lot of may apples but they weren't really too tall. Let us know if anyone has any luck in St. Clair county.

9. shroomunster

shroomunster Young Morel

Few more may apples and 1 false morel. Looks like some cotton like fungus is starting up on the ground close to the base of some elms. I'll get to looking in a couple of days . From Troy

10. nissankoiki

nissankoiki Morel Enthusiast

live in Belleville Illinois and I have been hitting the woods alot and have been having great luck. I am hitting the Kaskaskia river bottoms today as well. I will keep you posted but they are out : )

11. nissankoiki

Hi guys. I live in Belleville Illinois which is in ST.Clair county. I went out today from 11 am to 1 pm in one of my usual hidden treasures and found 83 total with the biggest yellow being a 5 inch head. All in all id say they are defiantly out here and the fever has just begun. Good luck fellow hunters. I would post pictures but I don’t now how the url thing works to add them

12. jut10

jut10 Morel Enthusiast

Today was a great day for me and my buddie, had one of the best hunts in my life in millstadt,we found 200 plus med. to large morels from 12 to 2. found them 2o feet off the creek bed in a wet area with a lot of young tree growth. Happy Hunting everyone the time is now! ......anyone know any good recipes??

13. nissankoiki

Millstadt it amazing I was born and raised there. I went out and found 57 blacks with the stems all about 4 inches tall and another 23 yellows all good size. Jut10 thats a good find. there are alot in the woods right now. plenty of water.

14. shroomunster

shroomunster Young Morel

Walked a couple of hours this afternoon. Found 10 very tiny blacks and nothing else. Will go back out again Thursday.
    Location I found them in was on the lower hillside in the washout area from the rain. I'm in Troy!