Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
My friend and I went out after noon yesterday (Friday the25th) and didn't come home until dark. Had around 8 lbs. We split it 50/50. We were in the bluffs 59 hwy area. Did find alot in grassy areas also that we don't usually find them. Quite a few clumps together this year--who doesn't love that? smaller grays w/the bigger more yellow near by and fresh, fresh, fresh,. Got a little warmish but was so worth the sweat! Feelin' the burn today though. Just was surprised not more had posted about finding them. Hopefully because everyone is too busy finding them to post. I love a great year. We met up with an older hunter that had filled a walmart size sack as well so I know we weren't the only ones striking ''gold''. :) Just wanted to pass the word. yesterday was perfect. All the places we were, and only 2 ticks and non attached so that wasn't too bad. And this year had also found some already in my own lawn. I've lived same place for many many years and rarely had found them, had found multiple ones this year already. That was on Tues the 22nd.

·
Registered
19 Posts
We were more toward between Rushville and Atchison area off of the 59 highway bluffs area, but we did find another 9-10 pounds Monday. So I'm happy as can be for this season. I never have this much ''luck'. or maybe all these years we'd been hitting our spot too early or too late, either way, I'm not complaining!
My partner went out today, we'll see if they find any more. I wasn't into the wet with the cold wind too much today.
two more in my own lawn as well. you can't beat finding them steps from your back door. :)
Good luck to all! (i'm a pickin' and I'm a "grinnin''). Question-- has anybody really had success freezing any? I'm afraid to--just feel like I can't ''waste'' them if I mess it up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well pretty sure I'm going to have to move more north now. Larger ''yellow' ones around my usual spots here so sadly, probably about done. I know several at my work were going via river route and hunting off the river and were having good luck still. our last batch was in the hills. Good luck everyone! I will try the freezing method and see how that works for me, always was nervous about that. How does the drying method work? And best way to store them dried? Thanks everyone. And also must comment I enjoy the quality of the posts here, I had tried a different mushroom site in the past and people got down right rude with each other and that ruins it for me. Happy Hunting!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.