Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my St. Louis friends, it can't be long now. . . or are they already here? Post your St. Louis comments, predictions, and finds here - lets get this season going!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been out a hand full of times now, however, still haven't found any. Where have you been finding them, creek bottoms or hill tops?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wondering about this over night cold snap they're predicting. Based on past experience, I don't think the ones already above ground will worth picking if the freeze really does hit our area. Thoughts from anyone else on this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to this: but stumbled across about 20, 1-2.5 inch morels in my backyard today, lower creek bottom growing in the lawn in St. Louis county.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi guys! My partner and I are passionate about mushrooms, and are trying to spread the love. We've created a youtube channel for people who want to get started finding morels and for people who are into watching mushroom videos. Check out our second video and let us know what you think. Please subscribe so we can keep doing this. It would be great to be able to do this as a daily vlog channel so the support is necessary for that to happen. Thanks! https://youtu.be/dUxufP0AHqY

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We've gone on four hunts this year and I have to say the results have been disappointing. Found about 30 blacks, 20 decent sized yellows, and 50-60 small greys. Not good for 4 treks in areas that are known to produce. How's everyone else doing?

·
Registered
11 Posts
3/29/2017
I know this tread is from last year. They are up in Saint Louis. Went to my honey hole after work today. it is loaded up with grays.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I posted pics on the IL forum of blacks I found back a week or so in Madison Co. IL. A guy where I work found five yellows in his yard yesterday in O'Fallon Il.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts