Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

Starting to find other mushrooms

5K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Fungus Amungus 
#1 ·
Finally I am starting to find fresh mushrooms but no morels yet. Everywhere I have read they say close to creeks, flat bottoms, near Ash, Poplar and Elm close to privet or burned pines. I found a few of those places but maybe I am too early? I am in North GA, I guess you guys that are further south than me are having some luck?

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply. We also searched deep in the woods and found nothing. I have done some research and most people say they can not be found there but at least it was a good hike.
Now its time to get serious, we had a little shower last night and this morning so hopefully the little treasures will reveal themselves.

#7 · (Edited)
Most people will not give you any clues just so you know. However, we have been told there were some found at Tribble Mill Park near the creek and Clarke Recreation Park near UGA. We have not find any morels...yet. We are still searching. Just do your research and if the conditions are right you will eventually find some. That's what we are hoping anyway.
Good Luck

#8 ·
Most people will not give you any clues just so you know. However, we have been told there were some found at Tribble Mill Park near the creek and Clarke Recreation Park near UGA. We have not find any morels...yet. We are still searching. Just do your research and if the conditions are right you will eventually find some. That's we are hoping anyway.
Good Luck
Thanks so much. We actually found some this afternoon, after my query – it was only four, but still, we were excited.
We were in Walton County about 10 yards from a small creek.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.