1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_20180428_141754.jpg
IMG_20180428_141748.jpg
IMG_20180428_141758.jpg
A friend found about 30 morels two weekends ago in Mohican Forest. Blacks, grays, and even a few yellows...I have been out almost every day since then and have yet to find any...I'm in Richland county...I have however found a few pheasant backs (AKA Dradels Saddle or Hawk's Wing) in a spot that I find them every year, but haven't seen them anywhere else yet, and they usually come out a couple weeks BEFORE the morels. Mayapples are up and about a foot tall, we've had about 4 or 5 days of nice warm weather, and it rained to beat hell today...so... I'm thinking next week should be peak time around this area...probably start finding them this weekend.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I'm in NE OH (Mahoning Co.), and that's how it is here. Went out yesterday to have a look, and everything is a mile behind a normal year. After this rain I'll be heading out Sunday to check again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Th
View attachment 6137 View attachment 6138 View attachment 6140 A friend found about 30 morels two weekends ago in Mohican Forest. Blacks, grays, and even a few yellows...I have been out almost every day since then and have yet to find any...I'm in Richland county...I have however found a few pheasant backs (AKA Dradels Saddle or Hawk's Wing) in a spot that I find them every year, but haven't seen them anywhere else yet, and they usually come out a couple weeks BEFORE the morels. Mayapples are up and about a foot tall, we've had about 4 or 5 days of nice warm weat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts