Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some fresh oysters , since right before turkey day they have been coming out ..or up.
I think they will persist for another week at least from what I see in the forecast.

They make a fine soup
Happy holidays and see ya next year

V

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Really up and kicking now.
Not seen this many winter shrooms since back in the Clinton administration

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No velvets for me I would prolly gag. Temps not below 25 for weeks which works well for winter growth of oyster 'mushrooms. We have had many days with higher humidity and dewpoints, as well as lots of foggy mornings.

The oyster's are opportunistic IMo , and the lack of bugs, and lack of their enemy the yellow slime mold gives them a definite opportunity to grow and sporulate

I am seeing mushrooms on 30 to 40 percent of the willow's by the local river here pretty much

·
Registered
822 Posts
Checked one spot i no but didn't look like anything fresh in a while. Might try some new spots this weekend since I get 4 days off.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Veronica them are some cool pics.I layed off the oysters little bit my wife says they hurt your stomach but they don't mess with my mind since I'm jonesing I'm going to have to get out.I've never harvest any velvet foot still somewhat new not sure if I want to chance it yet probably won't. Hope you have a good Christmas and a happy new year a bag full of shrooms!

·
Registered
822 Posts
it's a very easy shroom the hunt. the best place is river bottoms or wherever there r Elms that's where I found most of mine. I believe that's the one my book says there are no look alikes in Missouri.is there any more information you need

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Elm, Maple ,Cottonwood, or in my case Black Willow
Decurent gills

http://www.messiah.edu/oakes/fungi_on_wood/gilled%20fungi/species%20pages/Pleurotus%20ostreatus.htm

and lavender to white spore print

1 - 20 of 23 Posts