Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Chicken, chanterelles, morels, oysters, and boletes.
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally got out this weekend with hopes of finding the seasons first chicken. It appears to be to dry still for this. But I did find a few things...
Plant Mushroom Natural landscape Terrestrial plant Fawn

What I believe to be ringless honey mushrooms
Plant Natural landscape Mushroom Terrestrial plant Biome

Jelly fungus Organism Terrestrial plant Natural landscape Plant sap

Reishi. Time to finally try these out.
Grass Fungus Non-vascular land plant Soil Geology

No idea at all... But interesting enough. Any ideas?

Super Moderator
Summer and fall shrooms are my addictions
Finally got out this weekend with hopes of finding the seasons first chicken. It appears to be to dry still for this. But I did find a few things...
View attachment 43924
What I believe to be ringless honey mushrooms View attachment 43926
View attachment 43925
Reishi. Time to finally try these out.
View attachment 43927
No idea at all... But interesting enough. Any ideas?
Nice finds things are pretty dry here to in Indiana hope to find some shrooms soon. Good Luck and keep on Shroomin

Registered
TOO DRYYYYYYYYYYYYY, havent found any chants, chickens, or trumpets at all. Hoping for some rain for hen season. I found a spot last year but the hens were way to far gone. Probably over 20 hens in a 100 yard radius. I did find 10 good ones last year. They were real nice and still have a few bags in the freezer to cook up soon.

Registered
TOO DRYYYYYYYYYYYYY, havent found any chants, chickens, or trumpets at all. Hoping for some rain for hen season. I found a spot last year but the hens were way to far gone. Probably over 20 hens in a 100 yard radius. I did find 10 good ones last year. They were real nice and still have a few bags in the freezer to cook up soon.
If we don't get some rain it'll be like a few years ago when it was a bust season and don't find any. it's all in the timing and how much rain we get. I've been out and not much going on waiting for the red toppers to show up and start canning them YUM YUM.

Registered
Went out today to look at a few spots. Driving out of a county metropark, I spotted what might be a chicken but the color was a little off. Went back this morning and it was not a chicken. My best guess would a that they were golden oysters that were well past their prime! Totally bug infested! But, I know where that tree is now. Then I went to check a hen spot I found a few years ago. Less than nothing going on there. There are usually some crown tipped coral fungi growing there, but not this year! Then I went to check a pinkie spot I know of, but the road was blocked by orange cones due to road construction. I went home and thought about it, and figured out a way around it. I'll do that tomorrow.

Registered
1 - 14 of 14 Posts