Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
This one missed Hannibal - it hit all around Mark Twain lake area. The little town of Perry sustained a lot of damage. We were lucky it left our old barn and house standing just blew the windows out. We fared better than most. It's been an active weather year.

·
Registered
64 Posts
@D_licious we had 26 tornadoes touch down Wednesday, according to the NWS. Making it the third most tornado touch downs on a single day, here in Iowa. They were mostly in rural areas, with exception to the biggie, an EF3. It tore along an edge of town, doing some structural damage, but no injuries, Thankfully!
I was keeping track of those. I have relatives living in Ankeny and were heading back to Iowa from Minnesota that day. Glad it missed you guys.

·
Registered
247 Posts
This one missed Hannibal - it hit all around Mark Twain lake area. The little town of Perry sustained a lot of damage. We were lucky it left our old barn and house standing just blew the windows out. We fared better than most. It's been an active weather year.
Oh Wow! Windows out!! Sheeee#t!!!Very Scary stuff with all the activity! Been wantin to get down aroun that area for a fish and relaxcation. Glad Y'all are okay!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Oh Wow! Windows out!! Sheeee#t!!!Very Scary stuff with all the activity! Been wantin to get down aroun that area for a fish and relaxcation. Glad Y'all are okay!!
If you get down here let me know. I can show you some of our hunting areas around here. As far as fishing, the lake has been so high we haven't had the boat in the water yet so no fish in the freezer. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
247 Posts
If you get down here let me know. I can show you some of our hunting areas around here. As far as fishing, the lake has been so high we haven't had the boat in the water yet so no fish in the freezer. :rolleyes:
I just might do that! Thanks for the offer! Same as far as fish go..hopefully soon. Got a little getaway planned w/the Missus for the peak of Perseids Meteor showers in 3weeks. I'll toss some line & gaze @the stars/comet dust! 🌄🎣🏕🍄🔭🌠🌠🌒

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just might do that! Thanks for the offer! Same as far as fish go..hopefully soon. Got a little getaway planned w/the Missus for the peak of Perseids Meteor showers in 3weeks. I'll toss some line & gaze @the stars/comet dust! 🌄🎣🏕🍄🔭🌠🌠🌒
That sounds fun! And I look forward to seeing your pics of the meteor shower. And hopefully the lake will drop to normal levels by then. Take care and have a great trip!

·
Registered
247 Posts
That sounds fun! And I look forward to seeing your pics of the meteor shower. And hopefully the lake will drop to normal levels by then. Take care and have a great trip!
Yeah, fingers crossed. Hope the levels drop for Ya! Not sure if I can catch photos on my phone, prob not..old phone camera. Staying close to home this time round. I will get xtra time to mush hunt! Thanks, Happy Hunts to You!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
D I will be up ur way the first full weekend of August to hit the 🐸 we grabbed about 120 last year we were up that way

·
Registered
31 Posts
What’s up guys. I had a few good days of summer picking this past month. I’m hoping we get this rain forecasted for Fri/Sat and I can get another big hunt in on Sunday!

anyone see any lobsters yet?

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
What’s up guys. I had a few good days of summer picking this past month. I’m hoping we get this rain forecasted for Fri/Sat and I can get another big hunt in on Sunday!

Those are gorgeous mushrooms! Great finds! Good luck on your Sunday hunt, and thanks for posting the beautiful photos!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

Nice haul iv really slacked off the last couple years

21 - 40 of 47 Posts