Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There aren't any. Took a walk in the wood Sunday morning in Lafayette County just to see what was out there, and I didn't see much--not even inedible species. I hit a couple creek bottoms where the ground was wet enough to be a little soft, and still nothing. I guess its been so dry and so hot for so long that the recent little bit of rain had no effect. I'll check again in a week or two. Anybody got anything to report?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ive had a pretty good chanterelle and oyster year so far. Chants were really early this year too, like 3 weeks earlier than Ive ever found them before. This is in the Fox Valley and we have had a pretty good summer for rain. Its a little dry right now, so I havent been out in a week or so. The down side to the relatively wet summer, mosquitoes and deer flies are killing me!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. I might have to take a drive north. Ton of rain north of the Wisconsin River last weekend. By me, I've never seen less mosquitos.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The meadow mushroom loves humidity, so look out for them after rainfall in the warmer months during spring, summer, and fall. The meadow mushroom can be identified by a flat white cap when the mushroom has reached a mature stage, but you will find the varying colors of gills underneath that denote the age of the mushroom in this variety.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts