Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found my first trumpets of the year on friday 6/19. Picked about a half pound all the rest were too small. Also found some cinnabars but they were very tiny just staring to flush.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey old elm, about a third 1 inches, 1 third 2 inches, and a third 3 inches. None were the yellow stemmed cibarius like in your pic, all were white stemmed phasmatis species. Very firm and tasty, though. It's weird though, I got some nice spots down south in Wisconsin that don't have anything yet. Is there anyway to post pics without photobucket at all?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Old elm, I would love to have left them to grow like you are, but being a public spot, and with the veracity of the fungus gnats, there would have been nothing to come back to. We did, however, leave a couple hundred 1 inch or smaller ones behind. Not a clearcut by any means.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been finding a large assortment of mushrooms this summer:
Chicken of the Woods, from already way past harvesting to just starting.
Old Man of the Woods.
King Boletes.
Wood Ears.
Chanterelles.
Cinnabar Chanterelles.
Porcini.
It's been a wonderful year for Mushrooms so far!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
THX'z Jack, my daughter gave knife to me,& said she found it on amazon.

" freeflow581" Hope yr now addicted to Chant's & had some luck!! We'll be up around Cornicopia/Herbster,west of Bayfield foraging for the week of 8/16 - 8/22. this is always a good week up that way, so if your up flying around drop on in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.