Featured Summertime Edibles - 2017

Discussion in 'Minnesota' started by tundraking, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Barnacle

Barnacle Morel Connoisseur

Agreed. NOT something we should test.

2. jack

jack Morel Connoisseur

That almost sounds like African Bees, seeming how you had to run about 50 yards. That's a definite bummer !

3. tundraking

tundraking Morel Connoisseur

I think I still have one in my pack, so I'll have to see if I can identify it...

4. tundraking

So I found one in my bag. Its a yellow jacket, and looking at the size of it, there had to be way more of them than I originally thought, because they're pretty small and it was a cloud of them and my dog was nearly half covered.
    Just glad it turned out ok.
    Back to the woods I go!

1 person likes this.
  5. jg010682

jg010682 Morel Connoisseur

First hen of the year!!!!

Attached Files:

Barnacle and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Barnacle

Hey, I just saw this post again and remembered that I wanted to mention to you about this new (to me) bug repellent I found. It's not for the bees but just general nuisance bugs. I bring my boys (3 & 5) out with me often and have been using "Mighty No Bitey" bug spray on us. It seems great so far. It's a bunch of essential oil type stuff, might be all organic as well. Smells minty/ lemonyish. No residue or lingering smell yet seems effective for multiple hours. 8oz for $10-12. Also they make a version specifically for dogs, (not cats and dogs) just dogs. They call it "Ruff on Bugs".

7. tundraking

jg, good to see a hen!

Barnacle, Love the bug dope names! I'll have to look around for those and try them out.
    I've been busy the last couple weeks, found a real nice chicken last weekend at a campground I was staying in, otherwise just finished up all the lobsters I had from a couple weeks ago.

8. Barnacle

Cool, I got it on Sierra trading post for $8 with a promo but otherwise it's $10 but Home Depot has it online possibly in store but for $12/13

9. tommyjosh

tommyjosh Morel Connoisseur

F144004A-DA85-4425-BD2D-FFE5F7B83792.jpeg Last years haul in one weekend

Barnacle likes this.