Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Spent 5 hour in the State Forest yesterday and didn't find one. People had a couple, (12 at most). They are there, just really close to the ground from what I've heard... Maybe after this rain and warm weather Ill see them better....I also need to study my trees again...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I found 8 beefsteak and almost gave up. As I was leaving the woods I found a small one followed by 5 more. Only 2 nice sized. Its definitely time!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have looked in 4 different parks in summit co gest north of akron have not found eny yet don't know if obese there to early or I am gest the worst morel hunter there is I am kinda new to hunting them I whount get a chance to go back out until the weekend going to Nashville for goerge Jones funeral I hope they still will be growing when I get out

·
Registered
8 Posts
Since my first find of 65 I have found 18 one day and 12 the next, all blacks. Just went out today and found ten half frees popping up and did not pick plus three small grays.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree the blacks are the hardest to find. I saw the first one beside my driveway and knew to go check my go to spot. Even when I think I got them all I always find some I missed but they are dried out or moldy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
@ksu.shroomer: I also spend most of my time searching the valley... I have made it out a handful of times in the past two weeks and havnt seen a thing. Not too worried as of yet, it seems that in years past that region is usually a little behind in terms of when they start poppin up. Good luck to you... hopefully we have different spots :/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wanted to let everyone in Summit know. Don't lose hope. went out tonight and found 4 fresh grays. Did not pick them
as they were pretty small. Will let them go a couple days and see what happens. Was about to give up hope until tonight.
I am about 10 miles south of Akron. Found around dead apple and Elm.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Went out last night and still had no luck on the morels. We did find a great pile of Dryad Saddle so breaded those bad boys up and had a great treat!

·
Banned
105 Posts
hey sheephat, what's your recipe for the Draid's? We pick em to eat, but just saute them in a pan....
by the way is that pronounced She Fat or Sheep Hat!! LOL!!

21 - 40 of 73 Posts