Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
i agree it sucks. i don't know if rangers are bad down there like the metro parks, but they know its the season and keep an extra eye out in the metro parks. i was hoping i would find out differently.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great year so far in Portage County! Overall take is over 500 and they're still coming up. Found close to 40 blondes last night.
<a href="http://thegreatescapetrail.com/ohio-morels-2013/" title="The Great Escape Trail">The Great Escape Trail - Ohio Morels</a>

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm beginning in Medina and Summit this weekend. These 80 degree days are going to be interesting. I do not recall such high temperatures in at least 5-8 years this far north.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I looked in my Summit and Medina County spots... Still looking early, may apples just starting, no jack in the pulpits, no fiddleheads, trillium and ramps also just getting going.

I thought the 80 degree days would jump start the blacks and half frees, but I was wrong.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think it's still a bit early in Summit. Seems when the daffodils start to finish their blooms, they start popping. Been testing the theory, here's last year.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I looked in my Summit and Medina County spots... Still looking early, may apples just starting, no jack in the pulpits, no fiddleheads, trillium and ramps also just getting going.

I thought the 80 degree days would jump start the blacks and half frees, but I was wrong.
Yes, found 6 smallish blacks in summit county yesterday. Happy for the rain! We got 1" last night, so should help the babies grow.
Yes, we needed that rain badly! I'll probably get out on Friday. I wish the morels grew like the grass in my yard does!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Headed out tomorrow in Summit and Medina, but honestly this cold snap probably didn't do me any favors.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts